Access Point U6 Extender
Access Point U6 Extender
The UniFi6 Extender (U6 Extender) is a portable, easy-to-deploy WiFi 6 access point that can instantly broaden your home or office's wireless coverage. With its dual-band design and 5.3+ Gbps aggregate throughput rate, the U6 Extender delivers the strong, reliable connectivity needed to support even the most device-dense networks. Engineered for plug-and-play simplicity, this access point fits any standard US duplex wall outlet and its compact frame allows you to strengthen your signal without cluttering your space or disrupting its aesthetic. The U6 Extender can be adopted to your network in a matter of minutes and centrally managed with either the UniFi Network web application or mobile app.
- Dual-band WiFi 6 connectivity
- 5 GHz band (4x4 MU-MIMO and OFDMA) with up to a 4.8 Gbps throughput rate
- 2.4 GHz band (2x2 MU-MIMO and OFDMA) with up to a 573.5 Mbps throughput rate
- Fits any standard US duplex wall outlet
- Easily extends wireless coverage across large homes or offices
These requirements must be met to wirelessly adopt the U6 Extender:
- APs providing wireless connectivity for the U6 Extender must be updated to Version 6.0.11 or later.
- Dream Machines (UDM) must be updated to Version 1.12.22 or later.
- Dream Routers (UDR) must be updated to Version 2.3.15 or later.
Managed with the UniFi Network application: Version 6.5.55 and later
Note. Due to chip supply shortages, the U6 AP's LED has been limited to only white and blue color modes.
|Dimensions||169.7 x 112.2 x 32.2 mm (6.68 x 4.42 x 1.27")|
|Weight||290 g (10.2 oz)|
*Due to chip supply shortages, the U6 AP's LED has been limited to only white and blue color modes.
|Power method||Universal AC input, 100-240VAC, 0.3A max., 50/60 Hz|
|Supported voltage range||110 to 240VAC|
|Max. power consumption||11W|
|Max. TX power|
2 x 2 (UL MU-MIMO)
4 x 4 (DL/UL MU-MIMO)
|Operating temperature||-10 to 50° C (14 to 122° F)|
|Operating humidity||5 to 95% noncondensing|
WiFi 4/WiFi 5/WiFi 6
|Wireless security||WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise (WPA/WPA2/WPA3)|
|BSSID||8 per radio|
|Advanced QoS||Per-user rate limiting|
|Guest traffic isolation||Supported|
|Zero wait DFS||Yes|
|Supported Data Rates|
|802.11a||6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps|
|802.11b||1, 2, 5.5, 11 Mbps|
|802.11g||6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps|
|802.11n (WiFi 4)||6.5 Mbps to 600 Mbps (MCS0 - MCS31 , HT 20/40)|
|802.11ac (WiFi 5)||6.5 Mbps to 3.4Gbps (MCS0 - MCS9 NSS1/2/3/4, VHT 20/40/80/160)|
|802.11ax (WiFi 6)||7.3 Mbps to 4.8 Gbps (MCS0 - MCS11 NSS1/2/3/4, HE 20/40/80/160)|